Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How Much Chocolate is Really Enough?

So I've had one of those weeks. One of those fight with your husband, too many meetings, not enough money, children upset at me. lots of self-added stress kind of weeks. And last night I was thinking, what in the world did the pastor talk about last Sunday? Something about Peace=Faith, or there is only peace when you surrender to God, or something else equally important and probably seriously helpful this week in particular. In fact, someone probably knew that I would have this week ahead of time and so led somebody to preach on it last week.

Unfortunately for me, I am worn out, too worn out to do what is for my own good and dive into the Word and find out what it is that I desperately need to find peace in my home and my heart.

My solution, instead, last night, after dinner was in the oven and I was waiting for dear Hubby and son to get home, was to whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough with my adorable, lovable, loves to lick the bowl daughter. (Don't tell Daddy we lick the bowl because for some reason he's worried about ebola, or swine flu, or something bad for you) We decided to bake half of the dough, and keep the rest of it in the fridge for later batches, (or late night snacks for mom)

Of course, considering the above mentioned week that I've been having, I had to leave the house as soon as the rest of the family got home, so I didn't get any dinner, or cookies, or peace until much later. But later it did come, later that night when I'm sitting on the couch watching Jay Leno and eating cookies for dinner.

It wasn't perfect, no human attempt is, but I'm telling you now, there aren't any more cookies and I had a much better day today.

2 comments:

  1. Now I want some chocolate chip cookie dough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fact that you are doing a blog - i do so look forward to your facebook posts! hang in there - we only get what we can handle, right? or at least that's what i tell myself on a daily basis. :) jen gonnella

    ReplyDelete